Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Photo Hunt

Basically what I do here is as follows. I write a story. I get ready to post the story and then realize that plain text is a bit boring. I hunt down a pic or two off google images to supplement the text. Cut and paste. Whammo, we've got something that's not so monotonous to look at.


This may appear to some to be an utter disregard for American copyright laws, because I did not gain license for the images. I would argue, however, that this falls squarely into the fair use exception of copyright law. Still, there is a bit of guilt that attaches to using someone else's work, even if I'm not making any suggestion that it's mine. However, while I have more time than most, I dont have enough time to take photos to match the stories and circumstances of my posts.

Time for a new strategy. I will take the photo first!


For the next 7 days I will carry my camera around all day and try to capture something visually interesting each day. I'll post the pic and fill in the story afterwards. That way, it's all my work. Plus, I'm intrigued by a photo-blog format. While I dont have the desire, patience, or equipment to make this an all-photo blog, I'd like to try on the hat for a week.

Let's hope this doesnt totally suck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home