Sunday, June 25, 2006

Vow of Poverty

Warren E. Buffett, the world’s second richest man (pictured left, eating ice cream), is donating about $30 billion dollars to a charity run by Bill Gates, the world’s richest man. That alone is funny enough. I certainly laud Mr. Buffett for his generosity, but when I got to thinking about it, I can’t help but suspect that it may have been a wily business move by the man in second place. Think about it. Mr. Buffett has all but COMPELLED Bill Gates (pictured right with a pie in his face) to make an even larger donation to Buffett’s charity! Honestly, Bill, are you going to sit there and be outdone by little Mr. Buffett and his paltry $30 billion dollars? Heck no! I give it about a week before Gates donates $50 billion to Buffett’s foundation. I’m not sure where this will end, but you know Paul Allen (pictured left, smashing a guitar), the guy in third place, is getting restless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home