Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Philosophy 'Of the Forest'

A delightful, good-humored lady at the dog park tonight, after being told by her husband that my dog was named after a philosopher-novelist, looked at me, sized me up and down, and commented, "Well, I do always see you reading a book!" 'A book' was pronounced with some level of disdain. Ha!

Her dog, if you're curious, is named after a lost American Indian Tribe. That was her husband's idea. If it were up to her, he'd have a Roman name meaning 'of the forest.'

She continued, "Well, I don't know much about philosophy, but I do know that God spelled backwards is Dog." (Her husband, with a big grin on his face, interjected, "And vice versa!") "And as a friend of mine once told me, your dog will love you, even if your feet stink and you don't love Jesus." Amen to that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home