Monday, February 27, 2006

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

First and foremost, here’s a little kudos to the clubhouse. Last week, without much fanfare, we got our 1,000th hit. That’s pretty pimp, if you ask me. Rock on blog readers, rock on. But truth be told, I’m quite surprised that we’ve gotten this far, you and I. It’s been fun writing for “you” whoever that may be. I hope that you’re finding whatever it is that you’re looking for.

_____

This afternoon, I finished dumping half of my house into a 30 cubic yard dumpster. What does a 30 cubic yard dumpster full of house look like? I’ll show you next time, because it’s too dark to take a photo at the moment. I realized the other day that I’m not doing a good enough job in photo-documenting my work. Much of what I do on a daily basis is here-to-fore uncharted territory. I don’t want this to turn into a what-I-did-at-work-today chronicle, but I’ve come to realize the importance of preserving my work in digital form, frozen in time, forever suspended, as it were, in mid-flip.

I may not appreciate such photos today, but I will in 20 years. I wonder if in 20 years I’ll remember this small sacrifice I made for future-myself or whether then I’ll simply take past-myself for granted. It better not be the latter, future-myself, or else I’ll plot against you!

Some of the world’s greatest discoveries were a function of serendipity. Due to a bit of poor planning on my part and some misguided reliance on the hired help at Lowes, the only running water in my 3 bath house for the past 48 hours has been 1 toilet and 1 shower. One may think that a sink is a necessity, but I’ve come to serendipitously discover that it’s a mere convenience.

For instance, the other day, after working on a plumbing project right before bed, and getting sewer water all over my hands, I needed to wash them. So, I simply took a shower. Granted, I had just taken one a few hours ago, but I wasn’t about to use the toilet. Another example. The next morning, I needed to brush my teeth. Shower. Granted, it was a little odd for me to be brushing my teeth in the shower, but I found it to be an extremely efficient use of my time. Needless to say, I’ve taken more showers in the last 2 days than during any other 48 hour period in my life. And if I don’t figure out a way to fix one of the sinks tonight, I’m thinking of running the gas line over so I can cook in the shower, too. Who wants to come over for some soggy fish sticks?

_____

Finally, as we approach the last day of the month, let’s end on a high note. I’d like to wish a happy 1st birthday to my pup. It’s true what they say about being a man’s best friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hey future self! Your past self has done a good job of keeping people entertained.

Just thought you both should know.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home