Wednesday, May 03, 2006

All About the Donk

Thanks for the idea, Sarah. Maybe this will get the ball rolling again. Basically, you answer these questions using the random function on itunes.

How does the world see me?

Like a California King (Everclear)

Will I have a happy life?

Untitled Hidden Track (Love is Everywhere – Bob Schneider)


What do my friends really think of me?

Is This Love? (Cake) Ha! You’re all in love with me! I knew it!

Do people secretly lust after me?

Ballad of Paul and Sheila (Mason Jennings) skip then Love Hurts (Damien Rice). Wheee!

How can I make myself happy?

Girl Like That (Matchbox 20) “You’ve got to think with a girl like that any love at all is better than nothing. Yeah she drags you down and she pulls you up. She pulls you up.”

What should I do with my life?

Wasting Time (Jack Johnson). I’m well on my way…


Will I ever have children?

Middle Man (Jack Johnson)… what the hell is that supposed to mean? I’m not even going to consider the implications.


What is some good advice for me?

On My Way (Ben Kweller) the first line is “I wanna kill this man, but he turned around and ran, I’d kill him with karate that I learned in Japan Geez. That’s GOOD advice?


How will I be remembered?

My Apartment (Ben Kweller) skip Shame (Matchbox 20) Great.


What is my signature dancing song?

Medicine (Bob Schneider)… that doesn’t make sense… skip… Song Cry (Jay-Z)… that doesn’t make sense either. Clearly, I shouldn’t be dancing. Fair enough. Moving on…


What do I think my current theme song is?

These Are Things (Wheat) “Because your heart's breaking, your mouth's shaking
Your eyes are full and high For now I've got to look out for me.” Interesting.


What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

Extraordinary Girl (Green Day) hmmmm… skip… Bad Moon Rising (Credence Clearwater Revival) “Don’t come around tonight, well it’s bound to take your life” Thanks folks, really. Maybe it’s all that Karate I was advised above to learn and use.


What song will play at my funeral?

Keepin It Real (Mason Jennings) I’m dead, what do I care?


What type of men/women do you like?

Grapefruit Juicy Fruit (Jimmy Buffett) …I’ve never actually listened to that song, so that doesn’t count. Skip. I’m Trying to Break Your Heart (Wilco) “I want to hold you in the Bible-black predawn You're quite a quiet domino, bury me now Take off your Band-Aid because I don't believe in touchdowns What was I thinking when I said hello?... I am trying to break your heart, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t easy.” I don’t know what to make of that. The only person I know that regularly wears bandaids is Nelly. I don’t think I want to break his heart though. Plus, I DO TOO believe in touchdowns.


What is your day going to be like?

Eskimo (Damien Rice)… skip… Everybody’s Stalking (Badly Drawn Boy)… skip… Mudfootball (Jack Johnson). “nothin’s gonna change, there’s no need to complain

2 Comments:

Blogger Pave the Whales said...

nice. this is a good idea. i will do the same.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I refuse to do work today, I've played along with your little game.

How does the world see me?

The Four Seasons - Spring (Vivaldi) So far, I like it.

Will I have a happy life?

She Was A Big Star (Kenney Chesney) Apparently my ITunes is Psychic

What do my friends really think of me?
Canadian Rose (Blues Travelers) I don't really know about this one. Some people might say I look more Chinese than Canadian.

Do people secretly lust after me?
Trade It All (Fabulous feat. P.Diddy)

How can I make myself happy?
Meltaway (The Push Stars)
"You have left the most beautiful handprint. I melt away."

What should I do with my life?
Me Against the Music (Britany Spears) I don't even like to admit that I have this song.

Will I ever have children?
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore (REO Speedwagon) What feeling? I don't even like kids. Is this seriously suggesting that I secretly want kids and have been suppressing the urge? Man, I hope not. Next!

What is some good advice for me?
Windmills of Your Mind (Sting) from the Thomas Crowne Affair soundtrack. I love Sting. Once in a while I'll tell people that he's my dad. But how does this work in terms of advice?

How will I be remembered?
Angel of Music (Andrew Lloyd Weber) Not quite sure about this one. I think there are few people out there who think of me as an Angel.

What is my signature dancing song?
Brian Wilson (Bare Naked Ladies) Not too much dancing can be done to this song. Maybe that's the point.

What do I think my current theme song is?
All I Ask of You (Andrew Lloyd Weber)
Ok so I have a lot of music from Phantom. Oddly, if you listen to the lyrics of this song, they're pretty appropriate for my life right now. This game is getting creepy. I don't know if I should keep going with it. Of course I'm going to.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

Watermelon Crawl (Tracy Byrd) Does this imply that everyone thinks I'm a lush? Or just having a good time?

What song will play at my funeral?

Redneck Woman (Gretchen Wilson) NO WAY!! I OFFICIALLY HATE THIS GAME!

What type of men/women do you like?
Good People (Jack Johnson) Ok, seriously, I'm not rigging this or skipping songs until something fits. I haven't even skipped one! It's true though. I do like good people.

What is your day going to be like?
Holding Out For A Hero (Jennifer Saunders) Yes, this is from Shrek 2. Whatever. I like it. Shut up.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home