Saturday, March 11, 2006

Early Edition

The most remarkable thing happened to me tonight. Upon returning home, I noticed that there was a newspaper at the end of my driveway. This is not uncommon, as there is often a newspaper at the end of my driveway. I don’t quite know how it gets there, seeing as I’ve never ordered a newspaper, nor do I care to read them. What was peculiar this time was that I didn’t notice the paper a few hours earlier when I left my house early this evening.

I go and pick it up only to discover that it’s TOMORROW’s paper! I stop to consider the possibility that I may have traveled forward in time. Or did I stay in the same place while time traveled backward around me? I once read something Stephen Hawkings wrote on wormholes and how they make time travel possible, but to be completely honest, physics never made much sense to me. Plus, I’m a pretty conscientious driver; I think I would have noticed had I driven through a wormhole.

Then it crosses my mind that I am still in the present, but that someone from the future is attempting to warn me about what will happen tomorrow. Wow. What a great idea for a TV show. This guy gets a paper everyday, warning him of catastrophic events and he must attempt to prevent them. If successful, he can change the headlines in the paper. I’d have actor Gary Hobson play me. I can call it Early Edition.

I then flip over to the entertainment section only to discover that the show I just came up with was cancelled six years ago. Wow this time travel stuff is a trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home