Sunday, July 29, 2007

Guru Wanted

I’ve recently discovered Guru.com: "the world's largest marketplace for freelance talent." It’s basically an amped-up version of the Craig’s List help-wanted section. You put up a post about what you need and people from all over the world bid for the job. I put up an ad for someone to take over here at Donkey’s Clubhouse. A writer from Thailand named Sirikit agreed to be my ghost writer for 6 Bahts per post, which is roughly equivalent to 20 cents American. Personally, I think I’m overpaying, especially in light of the sub-standard quality of work we’ve grown accustomed to here. But I think she’s the perfect person to replace me. Sirikit is a housewife from the province of Samut Sakhon, enjoys attending Muay Thai (Thai boxing) matches, loves the color purple, is fluent in Thai and has a “working knowledge” of English - all characteristics I would possess, if I was Thai. See, she’s perfect!

Also, Sirikit says that if you’re a reader of this blog, she’ll cut you a deal on any dissertations you need her to write on your behalf. She tells me that she’s an expert on all subjects, and who am I to doubt her?

Anyway, Sirikit, welcome. I’m looking forward to reading what “I” will be writing from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home